Describing the NEWS exercise
Read and listen to a report / article - you will probably have to read and listen more than once. Make sure you are able to summarize the story in just a few words and try and use words from the text (especially new words).
Prepare to talk about it with the following questions as a structure:
- Why did you choose it?
- What is it about?
- Did you learn anything from it?
- Did you like it or not?
- Can you relate to the story from your own experience.
- Was the story easy for you to understand.
- Maybe I will interrupt you in the middle:
- and you will choose to answer in the most comfortable way for you:
- Your news summary should last between 2 to 3 minutes - it can be longer if you want.
- Choose a news item - an article or a report, and you decide on the length and of course the subject.
- Tell me where you found the article (or just give me a link).
- Below you can see news links from around the world and at different levels and some with language exercises.
- Learn English With A Uk News
- BBC - News Review
- France 24 - French & World news in English
- Spanish news in English
- German News in English
- Learning English with CBC
- Dailymotion - Sky News with subtitles
- The Times in plain English
- I24 - Israel News
- Special Broadcasting Service (SBS - Australia)
- The Irish Times
- Good News Network
- Voice of America )VOA) - news
- Breaking News English
- News in easy English
- News in Levels
- English Online
Remember - SPEAK SLOWLY AND CLEARLY