INTERVIEW QUIZ


43 questions

1. Multiple-choice
30 seconds
5 points
Q. 

The interviewer says, "Tell me about yourself." WHich of these is the best answer?

answer choices

"i was born in Oregon and moved to the East Coast with my family when i was twelve. After graduating from high school, I attended college and worked a couple of part-time jobs."

"I enjoy helping people and this drives my desire to master the art of fundraising. I have been volunteering with American Red Cross for the past two years and have learned many useful skills about organizing fundraisers. I think my experiences have prepared me to be a great Fundraising Coordinator."

"I'm a pretty outgoing person with an open personality. I love meeting other people and visiting new places. One of my favorite things to do is spend time with friends. i also like to travel. last summer, i took a trip to Europe with a couple of buddies. We had a great time,"

2. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

You're asked a really difficult question. You don't know the answer off the top of your head, so you:

answer choices

answer, "That's a tough question. I'm really not sure."

say the first thing that comes to mind.

take a deep breath and think of an answer while paraphrasing the question

3. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which of the following is okay to do at an interview?

answer choices

Ask the employer questions

Answer your cellphone

Be a few minutes late

4. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which of these things should you bring to an interview?

answer choices

Copies of you resume

Necessary Documents and Certificates

Both A and B

5. Multiple-choice
30 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Your interviewer asks you what you think about your previous boss. You didn't get along with your previous boss. You answer:

answer choices

"He was a good leader and really kept the team focused and on-task."

"He was alright, but we weren't that close."

"We didn't exactly get along because he made a lot of impossible demands and was constantly on the phone."

6. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

The secretary who greets you prior to your interview:

answer choices

is only being friendly because it's their job.

is the person you should go to if your interviewer is a few minutes late, if you need a cup of water, or if you think the room is too cold.

will probably be asked his opinion of you by the employer after you leave.

7. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which one of these things should you always try to do during an interview?

answer choices

Ask your interviewer(s) for their business car and/or contact information at the end.

Inquire about your salary.

Smile and nod at everything the interviewer says.

8. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Your interviewer asks you what your greatest strengths are. How do you respond?

answer choices

By listing five or ten qualities you think are your best ones.

Give two or three strengths and concrete examples of them.

Say all the qualities and requirements that were listed on the job description.

9. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

The purpose of an interview is:

answer choices

to match employees with the employer that best suits them, and vice versa.

for the job candidate to talk about his achievements.

for the employer to test the interviewee by asking tricky questions.

10. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

When you're asked what your longer term goals are, you say:

answer choices

"Develop my customer service skills by meeting with a more diverse range of clients and challenging myself to address a wider set of needs."

"I hope to one day become a manager."

"I'm not really sure, I haven't exactly thought about my goals."

11. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which of these should not be the primary reason for wanting to work for a company?

answer choices

Your vision aligns with the company's vision

The location, salary, and benefits are all great.

You have skills that you think will contribute to the company's goals

12. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which of these is an example of a good question to ask the interviewer?

answer choices

What is that average salary for somebody in my position?

What do you think is this company's greatest challenge in the near future?

What skills does this job require?

13. Multiple-choice
5 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Other than your responses, you need to also pay close attention to:

answer choices

your body language.

your eye contact.

both a and b.

14. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

You think the employer might ask you for a list of references during the interview. Prior to the interview, you:

answer choices

let your references know that they might be contacted, but don't give them more details about the job.

let your references know that they might be contacted an tell them about the job you're seeking and why you're a good fit for it.

choose to not tell your references that they may be contacted.

15. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

What should you do research on before the interview?

answer choices

The company you're interviewing for.

The industry you hope to work in.

both a and b

16. Multiple-choice
5 seconds
5 points
Q. 

What's the safest thing to wear to an interview, if you cannot find out anything about the company's dress code?

answer choices

A suit.

A collared shirt and khakis.

A comfortable t-shirt and jeans

17. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

When talking about your past experiences, you should:

answer choices

only mention things that occurred at work.

only mention your successes .

not be afraid to mention things that happened outside of work or failures as long as it provides a good answer to the question

18. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Why should you dress professionally and do some research beforehand? Because...

answer choices

you should dress professionally, but research is not needed.

dressing professionally and doing research help you appear confident and competent.

you should research, but dress as usual to help them learn who you really are.

if you don't do both of these, you will not even be interviewed.

19. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

What is a good response to the question, "What is your biggest weakness?"

answer choices

"I am a perfectionist and find myself disappointed that others aren't as careful in their work."

"Weaknesses? Hmmm, gee, I can't think of any. I guess I don't have any weaknesses!"

"I find it hard to stay focused sometimes, so I take frequent breaks."

"I'd like to work on getting myself better organized. I have been trying out a new system."

20. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

What is the most appropriate way to greet your interviewer Mrs. Mary Jones?

answer choices

"Hey, Mrs. Jones. I hope I get this job! I really need the work."

"Hi, Mary. I'm happy to be here. Thanks for seeing me."

"Hello, Mrs. Jones. Thank you for meeting with me today."

"Hello, Miss Jones. Sorry I'm a little late. Traffic was horrible."

21. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

What is a good way to prepare for the likely request, "Tell me about yourself"?

answer choices

asking a friend to write a paragraph about you and memorizing that

cataloging your successes and finding examples that highlight relevant skills

surveying your teachers and using their descriptions to write a speech

showing them you can "think on your feet" by not preparing anything

22. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Why is it important to reflect on how the interview went after it's over? Because...

answer choices

you can figure out if you got the job or not

you know what to say when the interviewer calls

you can improve on what didn't go well and think of a better answer

you will remember what you told them if you get the job

23. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Why should you research the company's mission and goals?

answer choices

You can use this information to show how you will be an asset to the company.

This information will tell you whether or not the company is profitable.

You can find out about the company's status and success rate by reading this information.

It isn't necessary to look at this information.

24. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which of the following choices describes an appropriate answer to an interviewer's question?

answer choices

Your answers must be as short as possible. Details are not needed.

Your answers should be detailed and involved, with several examples.

Your answers should be complete but brief and straight to the point.

Your answers should include extra information that will impress the interviewer.

25. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

What is not a good approach to a question about your weaknesses?

answer choices

You should avoid using the word "weakness," but answer honestly.

You should exaggerate a little in your answer to impress the interviewer.

You should show how you've been working to improve in the area you mention.

You should avoid trying to make it a positive: "I tend to work too much."

26. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Below are the items that I could inform the interviewer(s) when I am asked "Tell me about yourself" question EXCEPT

answer choices

My area of expertise (i.e.: knowledge based skills, classes taken)

My work ethics (i.e.: third party endorsement)

My personal general interests (i.e.: hobbies)

My education and/or years of experience (i.e.: degree, position in previous workplace)

27. Multiple-choice
30 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which one of the following is the BEST sample answer to answer the question "Why should we hire you?"

answer choices

Because I am a hard worker and will always try my best to get the job done. I promise 200% that you will not regret hiring me because I was the best worker in my previous work place.

Because I have three years’ work experience, working with customers in a very similar environment. I know what to expect in this position as I have the experience and expertise in the area of customer support.

Because I need a job. I saw your ad and I knew I could do the job. Also, I have the degree that matches the job that you advertised.

28. Multiple-choice
30 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which one of the following is the BEST sample answer to answer the question "What is your salary expectation?"

answer choices

I was making RM 6000 at my last job, plus bonuses. I would be expecting at least that and a 15 percent to 20 percent increase.

I'm sure whatever you offer will be a fair amount for a person with my qualifications. Salary is not the most important factor to me. I’m looking for opportunity.

I really need more information about the job before we start to discuss salary. I’d like to postpone that discussion until later. Maybe you could tell me what is budgeted for the position, and how much your commission structure works.

29. Multiple-choice
30 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which one of the following is the BEST sample answer to answer the question "Explain your career plan X years from now"

answer choices

“Right now, I’m looking for a position in a company with a solid track record. I want to contribute to a team, bringing my extensive experience in this field to add to the team mix. Long-term goals will depend on the career path available at the company. Ideally, I would like to move progressively within a company.”

"I am still inexperienced for now. As I am a fresh graduate, I hope to work for your company and gain as many experience as I could to learn about this work. I also have another dream to own a company. After an X years and good amount of experience, hopefully I could open my own company."

30. Multiple-choice
30 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Below are several ways that I could use when I am asked "What is your weakness?" EXCEPT

answer choices

Mention skills that are not critical for the applied position to avoid you seem like a poor fit for the company.

Mention skills that you have improved upon during your previous job

Turn my negative traits into a positive using The Sandwich Technique (i.e.:Begins with a positive statement, Briefly slips in the weakness, ends it with a statement that explains the action to improve situation)

Turn my negative traits into a positive by using positive adjectives to divert the attention (i.e.: Say "I believe that my weakness is I am a perfectionist" instead of saying "I am a bossy person")

31. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Below are sample of questions that I could ask the interviewer EXCEPT

answer choices

“When will I hear the results of my interview?”

“What specific training will be given for this position?”

"May I know how much is the salary for this position?"

“Do you assign mentors to help new employees fit in with the unique culture of the company?”

32. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Shanon heard that they are hiring at Abco. She would like to apply for a job there. What is the FIRST thing that Shanon should do to follow up on this lead?

answer choices

Show up for an interview.

Call and demand an interview with the Manager.

Look on their website for details on how to apply; if not available, then she should call and ask about applying for the position.

Call the personnel office to find out when they want her to start working.

33. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Ken left his first job because he found it boring and not challenging. He is now writing a resume in an effort to obtain new employment. The guide that he is following states that he should list each job, what he did on the job, and why he left. How should Ken state his reason for leaving on his resume?

answer choices

The work was repetitive and dull.

The job lacked challenge.

To seek a more challenging position.

I felt I was wasting my talents.

34. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which of the following is NOT one of the suggested strategies for preparing for your job interview?

answer choices

Conduct research on the company/ industry.

Prepare answers to possible interview questions.

Gather key resources (extra resumes, reference list) to take with you.

Research salaries so you can ask about salary and benefits at the beginning of the interview.

35. Multiple-choice
5 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Greeting the receptionist / assistant when you arrive and treating him or her with respect is an important key to your success.

answer choices

True

False

36. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

What are the three most important keys to success in interviews?

answer choices

Good perfume/ cologne, nice smile, fresh breath

Making eye contact, showing enthusiasm, speaking clearly

Fresh breath, nice smile, making eye contact

37. Multiple-choice
5 seconds
5 points
Q. 

You should only use examples from your actual work experience to answer questions during a job interview.

answer choices

True

False

38. Multiple-choice
30 seconds
5 points
Q. 

When the interviewer asks you the question "tell me about yourself," s/he really wants what from you in response?

answer choices

A 10-minute detailed story of your life, birth to present.

A concise narrative of your personal and professional background and goals and how they relate to the job at hand.

A short narrative of your personal life, leaving nothing to the imagination.

A long-winded account of what you want from the employer.

39. Multiple-choice
10 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Which of the following is not one of the most common mistakes job-seekers make during job interviews:

answer choices

Limp, clammy handshake

Over-emphasis on money

Lack of interest and enthusiasm

Much knowledge of the company

40. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

Good posture for a job interview is ___________.

answer choices

Chest out, shoulders back, sitting straight.

Relaxed, shoulders back, lean forward at the edge of your seat

Completely relaxed, crossed legs

Completely relaxed, arms crossed

41. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

If you don't understand a question being asked, you should ____________.

answer choices

Ask for the question to repeated and/or reworded

Guess and answer anyway

Nod your head and smile

Try your best to answer the question without asking for clarification

42. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

When should you consider an interview has started?

answer choices

When you are in the interview room.

Once the interviewer has stopped asking you small talk questions and starts the professional interview

As soon as you enter the building

As soon as you arrive on the property

43. Multiple-choice
20 seconds
5 points
Q. 

You are going to be late to an interview due to traffic. What should you do?

answer choices

Call the employer as soon as you realize you will be late.

Turn around and not go. They will never let you in now.

Just show up late and explain what happened when you get there.

Send them a text letting them know your E.T.A.