The right price?


I've just finished talking with one of my most cherished students and among other things I told her about the picture that I have added above - not only is it a funny sign but it reminded of one of my first visits to Israel with my Dad way back in 1969. We were in Tel Aviv and decided to go have a look at the town of Old Jaffa which is a little way down the coast. It was August and sweltering hot and humid. My Dad was a BIG man and the extreme mid-Summer heat was hard for him to handle.
We arrived at Jaffa and (don't forget that then the cars were without air-conditioning) and Dad announced that he couldn't go another inch without something to drink, so we stopped by a roadside stall announcing freshly squeezed orange juice. The oranges were in a bucket filled with ice on the floor and the seller took the chilled oranges and squeezed them. I must admit that I can still taste that incredble drink today - for both my Dad and I it was pure ambrosia!
The point of this little anecdote is that at the side of the stand there was a sign which read:
Fresh Orange Juice 13sh (in Hebrew for locals)     
Fresh Orange Juice $13 (in English for the tourists).