Starting to blog - I think

I really believe that it's the job of the teacher to empower students to both want to and be able to learn.
Of course it's easier when you're teaching students who are motivated to learn English for various reasons - they want to work or study in one of the English speaking countries that have English level requirements (TOEFL or IELTS - I teach both exams), they need English for work or studies / research.
I have come to the conclusion that it's the communicating that's the main point not the learning of English as such - what I mean is as long as you do what you need to do using the language, well that's OK. It doesn't matter what you call it or what highfalutin abbreviations you give it it's a tool and should be both regarded as such and used accordingly - as a means of communicating.